As the owner of a local business I am passionate about supporting my community through education, volunteer service, and partnerships with other local businesses.
I am an instructor at the East West College of the Healing Arts, an accredited instutution which thoroughly and thoughtfully educates and prepares new massage therapists in Portland, Oregon.
I have volunteered my skills with various organizations, including the North By Northeast Community Health Center, Hospice Care of the Northwest, Capital Caring Hospice Inpatient Center, the Portland HIV Day Center, 9-11 Healing and Remembrance, and Taking Care Portland.
One of the many things I love about Portland is the culture of neighborhood involvement and support. Concordia Wellness is involved in several groups and organizations that devote themselves to promoting Portland businesses:
- Concordia Area Massage and Bodywork Professionals facilitates exchange and collaboration among bodyworkers in Concordia and surrounding neighborhoods.
- Supportland, a collaborative rewards network for locally owned businesses
I believe that a community thrives when local citizens and businesses support one another. I have enjoyed building relationships and doing business with various local companies. Here are some businesses that I frequent and recommend:
- Hollywood Chiropractic Center
- Tracy Andrews Acupuncture
- Physio PDX
- Red Bird Studio
- Paperjam Press
- Career Marketing Services by Dalena Bradley